Latest version : 6.3.1 (23 April 2019)
- Child Phonology Analyzer (CPA) is a general-purpose linguistic software. It offers solutions to linguists and psycholinguists working in various disciplines and practicing various research methods.
- CPA specializes in corpus analysis (transcribed speech and text), providing detailed phonological, morphological and lexical information. It has designated tools for various tasks, including analysis of language acquisition data, construction and integration of lexicons, and phonetic transcription of texts in various languages.
- Usage prerequisites: using CPA requires Microsoft Excel (tested on versions 2003-2016) on a Windows machine (Mac Excel is not supported, unfortunately). When opening CPA you MUST enable macros/content to be able to use it.
- The software is written in Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications. The code is available under the GNU General Public License.
- Download the software, user guide, and some example files.
- Read the online User guide.
- Check out the ‘What’s new?’ page for the latest and previous updates.
- Conference presentations of CPA.
- Published works citing CPA.
- Follow CPA on Facebook, ResearchGate, and YouTube.
- How to cite CPA:
- Gafni, C. (2015). Child Phonology Analyzer: processing and analyzing transcribed speech. In The Scottish Consortium for ICPhS 2015 (Ed.), Proceedings of the 18th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences. Glasgow, UK: the University of Glasgow. ISBN 978-0-85261-941-4. Paper number 531. 1-5 retrieved from https://www.internationalphoneticassociation.org/icphs-proceedings/ICPhS2015/Papers/ICPHS0531.pdf.
- Gafni, C. (2019). Child Phonology Analyzer [computer program]. Version 6.3.1, retrieved 23 April 2019 from: https://chengafni.wordpress.com/cpa
- You are welcome to suggest additional improvements, report problems and subscribe to be notified on future updates. Contact me by e-mail (see contact details in the ‘About’ item on CPA’s Help menu) or via the contact form below: