Latest version : 5.11.3 (6 January 2018)
- Child Phonology Analyzer (CPA) is a corpus analysis software intended primarily (but not only) for phonetically transcribed corpora. It can provide detailed phonological, morphological and lexical information for various types of corpora, including elicitation and spontaneous speech corpora. It is especially designed to analyze child speech vs. adult target utterances.
- It requires Microsoft Excel (tested on versions 2003-2016) on a Windows machine and can handle corpora stored in various formats including Excel, Praat’s TextGrid, CHILDES database (.cha), XML, tabulated text, and csv.
- When opening the analyzer you MUST enable macros/content to be able to use it.
- Download the software, user guide and some example files.
- Read an online overview of the software, and learn about its knowledge base tables and different functions (see also user guide).
- Check out the ‘What’s new?’ page for the latest and previous updates.
- Visit CPA’s Facebook page.
- The software is written in Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications. The code is available under the GNU General Public License.
- How to cite Child Phonology Analyzer:
- Gafni, C. (2015). Child Phonology Analyzer: processing and analyzing transcribed speech. In The Scottish Consortium for ICPhS 2015 (Ed.), Proceedings of the 18th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences. Glasgow, UK: the University of Glasgow. ISBN 978-0-85261-941-4. Paper number 531. 1-5 retrieved from http://www.icphs2015.info/pdfs/Papers/ICPHS0531.pdf
- Gafni, C. (2018). Child Phonology Analyzer [computer program]. Version 5.11.3, retrieved 6 January 2018 from: https://chengafni.wordpress.com/cpa
- You are welcome to suggest additional improvements, report problems and subscribe to be notified on future updates. Contact me by e-mail (see contact details in the ‘About’ item of the software’s Help menu) or via the contact form: